Paul was born in Chicago on February 21, 1967. He was a very happy, healthy, and outgoing child. When he was only four years old, his mother was diagnosed with melanoma; and she died less than a year later shortly after giving birth to a baby girl who was named Lia. Paul’s baby sister lived less than a day. Paul’s dad remarried in 1973.
Research grants in paul's name
2020 - Therapeutic Potential of Multi-CDK Inhibition in Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumor (ATRT)
- MSSF Grant – $3,000
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
2019 - Noninvasive Tools to Study Brain Metastasis Resistance to Immunotherapy
- Basic Research Fellowship- $100,000
- Massachusetts General Hospital
2018 - Effects of a Glioblastoma Secreted Cytokine on Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells.
- Medical Student Fellowship – $3,000
- Cleveland Clinic
2017 - Developing a “liquid biopsy” paradigm to improve outcome in patients with gliomas
- Discovery Grant – $50,000
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center